Hovden Oil Company is a business that has proudly served the needs of agriculture, commercial and industrial customers throughout Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and South Dakota for over 50 years.
On February 14, 1957, Hovden Oil started as a business by Maynard and Diane Hovden when they purchased a Phillips 66 service station in Ridgeway, Iowa. In March, 1970 they added a Phillips 66 bulk truck route which supplied area service stations and agriculture accounts. In June, 1980, their son, Terry and daughter-in-law, Charis Hovden Joined Hovden Oil as the business grew with the purchase of the Skelly bulk plant, tank wagon and service station located in Cresco, Iowa. In 1987, a Texaco bulk plant, tank wagon and lubricants business was purchased in Decorah, Iowa; Hovden Oil became a bulk distributor of lubricants and was now a multi-branded lubricants supplier. In 1995, an Amoco distributorship was bought in Decorah, Iowa increasing the potential of Hovden Oil. In 2001, Hovden Oil added Fuchs Lubricants to its inventory line. Fuchs is a manufacturer of specialized metal-working lubricants which has allowed Hovden Oil to diversify its customer base. In May of 2008, Hovden Oil further expanded in eastern Iowa with the purchase of a bulk plant, tank wagon and lubricants business in New Albin, Iowa. In June, 2010 expansion continued in to Cedar Rapids, Iowa with the acquisition of McNamara Oil and a complete renovation of the bulk plant and properties in 2011 – extending our capabilities to provide more light oil and lubricants delivery to the eastern/southern portions of Iowa.
Hovden Oil currently has a staff of qualified individuals ready to serve the needs of its’ current and potential customers always focusing on service, quality products and friendliness.Pricing